Saturday, July 23, 2016

Sports Fashion Faux Pas

As some of you know I have a men's style blog. I write about my favorite types of clothing. At first I thought I was gonna be a big whale in a small ocean of men's style blogs. I quickly came to discover that I was a very small fish in a very large ocean.
I don't write on there as much as I used to. But I still have my eye on clothes.
As a sports fan, there's one thing that drives me nuts. It's when someone wears a jersey at a sporting event that doesn't match. For example, someone wearing a football jersey to a baseball game or vice versa. Wear the appropriate jersey to the appropriate sporting event! It's not that hard!
I used to wear jerseys out on public all the time. Not so much anymore when a female friend said a grown man shouldn't wear a jersey out in public unless he plays for the team.
I had a lot of football jerseys I'd wear without thinking twice about it when I was younger. My tastes changed so I stopped.
I know I made the right decision when last year someone was addressing the local news stations regarding a local crime wearing a San Diego Chargers jersey.
He looked ridiculous and it was hard to take him seriously.
Another faux pas is the person who "over gears" a team's gear. Essentially they look like a walking giftshop. I see it a lot with Raiders and Warriors fans. Head to toe in team colors. I can appreciate someone representing their team, but keep it simple!
Another faux pas that Raiders fans are guilty of is wearing your team gear during the off season. It's the off season! Take it off and give it a rest! (Giants fans do this too!)
I used to dress like I was part of a teams coaching staff with matching hat and shirt. Now I just limit it to one item of team gear. If I'm wearing a hat, then I wear a neutral shirt. Or if I'm wearing a team shirt then no hat. You get the picture.
Don't get me wrong, I love team gear as much as anyone. Just keep it simple! Make it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment