Friday, July 1, 2016

Beach Day

I know, I know. I haven't posted in awhile. Been very busy with two jobs, a TV show in Napa and auditioning for TV shows. (Still waiting to be cast on a show currently shooting in the area. Ring phone, ring!)
Today was a much needed Me Day. I had a nice sushi lunch, a drive through wine country, played nine holes of golf and now I'm writing this at Dillon Beach.
I've always liked the beach lifestyle. I was once a landlocked teenager trying to embrace the surfing lifestyle. (Tried again in my late twenties. Give it up already!)
As you read in my last post, I'm currently doing light bodybuilding. The mecca of bodybuilding was at Gold's Gym in Venice Beach. The very genesis of bodybuilding started in Santa Monica. Some say Santa Monica is the original Muscle Beach. Others say it's Venice Beach.
Regardless of where it started, someone wanted to have a beach bod.
In the past I've enjoyed a run on the beach. I mean a good long run. Today, I was tempted to, but I just ran 100 miles last month and I need a rest. Besides, I left my headphones at home! Can't run without them.
Next time I plan to bring some dumbbells and have a muscle beach day at Dillon Beach.
Someday I'll visit the original Muscle Beach, where ever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment