Monday, June 6, 2016

Pump It Up!

Hello everyone! I know, I know, I haven't posted in a while. Things have been very busy for me lately. Two jobs, filmed a TV commercial and went to casting call for a Netflix show. (I'm in pursuit of that SAG card!)
But I haven't been to busy to workout and keep fit and trim. (Trimming is a work in progress.)
Recently a friend of mine had a health scare. I won't go into all the details, but it was a wake up call for me. Getting older means having to take better care of yourself.
My friend had to do an about face with his  diet.
So I decided to change my diet and lifestyle habits. Out with fast food and late night imbibing. I only have a drink with dinner occasionally now.
I decided to make better use of my local health club. I stay longer and lift more than I usually do. I run more miles. I make myself run an extra half mile to a mile when I'm out there running around my neighborhood.
I've been researching bodybuilding.
Now don't laugh now! I'm not trying to look like Arnold, but I want to tone up.
I've always liked the beach lifestyle, and I want to be able to walk around the beach with my shirt off.
The results are showing! I've lost twenty pounds. My waist is shrinking.
An older woman who shops in my store says she noticed the changes on my backside. She noticed the shoulders and tighter back. She gave me a nice compliment when she said, "You must date a lot. I'm sure a lot of women like you." I told her that's not the case, but it would be a nice problem to have.
I'm not doing it for women, I'm doing it for me. I want to live a long, healthy life like Jack Lalanne did. I don't want to end up in an old folks home falling apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment