Monday, January 4, 2016

Three Will Enter, One Will Win

The race for Los Angeles begins.
The San Diego Chargers, the Oakland Raiders and the St. Louis Rams filed papers to the NFL to move to LA.
Stan Kroenke, who owns the Rams, is already building a stadium in Inglewood. Talk about putting the cart before the horse.
The Chargers and Raiders are in talks to share a stadium in Carson. I haven't been to Carson in years, but I think it's too far away to drive to. I don't think it's going to happen. Just my opinion.
Why do I think only one team will end up in LA? Because LA is a one football team town. There's simply too much competition for the entertainment dollar in LA. There's also others things to do in southern California.
I like the Rams situation in Inglewood. Yes, it's in the hood, but I think an NFL stadium will revitalize the area.
I think the original plan of a stadium in downtown LA by Staples Center would have been a logistical and traffic nightmare. Loved the idea of Farmers Field, but I think it would have been a terrible situation.
All I know is its time for a team to return to LA. It's been over twenty years.
Come on NFL. Make the right decision. Allow the Rams to move back to LA so I can root for the Rams again!

No comments:

Post a Comment