Monday, January 18, 2016

Pitch Patch Potch

A lot to talk about, bot enough time to write.
I'm happy Ken Griffey Jr and Mike Piazza made the Hall of Fame. I saw Piazza as a young unknown catcher in Bakersfield in 1991. Saw him twice actually. Once in Stockton and the other time in Bakersfield. In Stockton they were calling him, "Pizza, Pizza!" Now they would say, "Mr. Piazza can I have your autograph?"
In Bakersfield, he was on the on deck circle, and he was casually chatting with a fan. Then he hit a homerun.
As for The Kid, I saw his second game as a Major Leaguer in Oakland in 1989. He went 0 for 4, but he did quite well for himself!

I've been thinking about the Seattle Mariners hiring a 22 year old young lady named Amanda Hopkins as their "Four Corners" scout. I know 22 year olds who bird dog scout first, then work their way up the scouting chain.
Her father was a scout for the Mariners for many years. This is clear nepotism.
I think it's nice the Mariners sponsored her for her training at the Major League Scouting Bureau. I think it's nice she made quite an impression there.
I'm not criticizing her. It's just a little much to give someone so young so much responsibility regardless of their gender.
A 22 year old hasn't seen much baseball to get a feel for what a scout must truly look for. Just my opinion.

The Cheating Patriots forge on in the playoffs.....
I hope the Arizona Cardinals knock the smile of Cam Newton's face. I don't like his cockiness, arrogance and swagger.
I want to see him crawling off the field crying for his mama after the game!

Baseball is a month away. "Pitchers and catchers report" is my favorite sentence ever.

Television is going well. I'm more comfortable in front of the camera now. I love my small little role in the big sports television world.

I'm happy the Rams are now the Los Angeles Rams again. A piece of my childhood came back last week. I'll write more about that soon.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment