Saturday, October 10, 2015

The First Of The Last

I attended the Sacramento Kings pre-season game against the San Antonio Spurs. No big deal right? It just a preseason game.
Well, it's the beginning of the end for Arco/Power Balance/Sleep Train Arena.
This is the last year for NBA basketball in Natomas. As I write this, the Golden 1 Center is a year away from completion.
I attended the very first game at Arco Arena, a charity basketball game organized by Kevin Johnson. The interior of the arena wasn't finished yet.
We were in awe of the new place. Twenty seven years later it's long since obsolete.
It was built on the cheap by Gregg Lukenbill's construction company.
I even attended the first ever NBA game at Arco Arena. It was the night George Bush won the presidency. I wanted Dukakis to win. (What did I know about politics? I was just a junior in high school.)
I've attended many games over the years. The time went by fast. This season will probably go fast. The final game in April will be here before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment