Thursday, July 10, 2014

Watching Future A's On The Farm

Tonight I made my annual trek to Stockton to see the Stockton Ports play the Modesto Nuts.
It was a great game! I saw a grand slam hit by Renato Nunez. It was a towering homerun. It must have been hit about 425 feet.
Then I saw my first completed triple play. It's been said if you go to many ballgames, you'll see something you never seen before. That sure was true tonight.
I noticed the Ports players were much more polished than the Nuts players. That's a credit to the Oakland A's player development department. The Athletics really take the time to groom and develop players.
I was asked what will happen to a majority of these players. Most of them will get weeded out in AA ball.
A few will stick around AAA rosters, and one or two will be on a Major League roster. It's not only tough to get to know Majors, it's tougher to stay there!
I picked a good night to watch some quality baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment