Sunday, March 16, 2014

To Strat Or Not To Strat?

Growing up reading baseball magazines, I always saw the ad for Strat-O-Matic Baseball. I never really knew what it was. The ad mentioned, "You can manage your own Major League team!". It looked fun, but I grew up in a house where money was tight, so I never asked for it.
I wish I would have. Over the last few years, I have read about so many people who play Strat-O-Matic. Bob Costas grew up playing it, and he says it taught him a lot about baseball strategy. Jon Miller used to broadcast his Strat-O-Matic games on his tape recorder!
It looks to me anyone who is in baseball broadcasting played the game.
I'm sure I would have played non stop. It looked like it would have been right up my alley.
Now I'm in my early forties. Just this morning I bought my first Strat-O-Matic game. It's the starter set with five teams. As you know I love baseball and I just have to experience Strat-O-Matic.
It will be delivered next week! Of course I'll tell ya about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment