Saturday, January 11, 2014

That's A Wrap! A-Rod Edition

This is my new feature on the blog. A weekly sports wrap up. I was gonna talk about Florida State winning the national championship. It was a slow sports week.
As I woke up this morning, I was scrolling through the sports headlines. Well I didn't really scroll through them, one headline jumped out at me.
Alex Rodriguez has been suspended for the 2014 baseball season because of his involvement with a PED clinic in Florida. The suspension also includes the postseason.
He served a brief suspension last year. Rodriguez has said he is going to appeal the decision. The experts think this is going to eventually go to federal court. This is going to drag on for years.
So how will this play out? First the Yankees want to wipe his $27.5 million salary of the books.
So I think MLB and the Yankees are going to battle it out with Rodriguez's lawyers and the all powerful Major League Players Association. 
Alex wanted to be known as the greatest player ever. It looked like he was well on his way to that a few years ago. He's getting older. He has been plagued with injuries. Now this. 
It looks like we have seen the last of Alex Rodriguez. 

No comments:

Post a Comment