Friday, October 18, 2013

The Country Club Life Is The Life For Me

I was invited to play in a best ball tournament at Green Valley Country Club this past Monday. The tournament benefited Vacaville Christian School.
I have only driven past the course once. It looked immaculate! I could have only dreamed to play that course.
So Monday morning arrives and we set out to the course. We grab our bags and head to the clubhouse. As soon as we get there, an attendant takes our bags to our assigned cart. We check in at the pro shop and we were given a goodie bag filled with the essentials for a day of golf. Breakfast was served behind us, just coffee and donuts. I already ate. I explored around the locker room. It was everything I dreamed it would be! Wood paneled room with rows of lockers. There was a large shelf of towels. I walked into one of the two wash rooms. It had all the toiletries you would expect at a fine club.
I think the locker room was my favorite part of the grounds!
After we checked in, we headed to the driving range. It was as big as three football fields! There were small golf bag shaped baskets full of balls. You could hit all you want. If there were no more, an attendant would get you more. Oh, we were driven to the driving range from the clubhouse and back again.
After that, we headed to our assigned tee. We started on #8.
The next five hours I was in awe. The course was just gorgeous!
We were fed good food all day long. At the turn, I took a quick shave to freshen up.
My final putt brought us to a finish of 9 under. We finished tied for fifth.
It was an amazing day of golf.
Afterwards we enjoyed cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. We were treated to a mini concert by Lenny Williams of Tower of Power. There were retired athletes there. Vida Blue, Sherman White, Marv Hubbard, Harold Pressley, Dana Stubblefield and Eric Wright Sr.
It was a day I'll never forget. I want to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment