Sunday, October 20, 2013

Santa Ana College Football

Yesterday I saw my cousin for the first time in eleven years. Last time I saw him he was a single guy like me.
Now he's a family man. He married a wonderful woman and he is a father of two boys. One plays football, the youngest plays baseball.
So yesterday I made the trip to surprise my cousin with a visit. It was perfect. I just happened to walk through a tunnel and as I turned to a random seating area, there he was. He was surprised!
The whole game we sat next to each other and caught up.
His son plays football for the Santa Ana College Dons. A defensive lineman. Great football player with great football instincts. He made many tackles, had a sack (didn't get credit for a half sack) and blocked a extra point. It was a treat to watch him play.
It was the first time I saw a JC football game. It's great football. It's pure and these kids are giving their best so they can get on with a four year school. My cousins son Billy has caught the attention of New Mexico, Utah State and Portland State. I have a funny feeling I'm going to be watching him play football in Utah next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment