Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I'm A Reject!

There is a national sports website I read (think when your happy you shout not yipee, but it rhymes with Wahoo). Anyway, they have a national contributor network. If they like your material, they will publish your work and give you a small payment. (For every 1000 views you get a buck)
I put it upon myself to write about one of my favorite books. This year is the fiftieth anniversary of Paper Lion. So I wrote about the historical significance of the book fifty years later. I thought the article was great. I was making plans to spend my first $100 check. (Yes I'm arrogant enough to think a million people would have read it)
I got my first professional reject letter. It wasn't really a letter, it was an email. They said they don't publish book reviews.
It wasn't a book review, it was my synopsis of the historical significance of the book. They gave me the option of editing it and submitting it. I'm on the fence on what to do. If they passed on my work for some of "work" I see on the website, I'll pass. I'm huge in Germany anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment