Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Longest Two Months Of The Year

The NBA playoffs are upon us. I used to love the NBA playoffs. I used to love the NBA. Now not so much. Why you ask? Here's why......
1. It's now a "ME" game, not a team/ "WE" game.
Back in the 80's when I was growing up, the games were more team oriented. Now the games are centered on an individual. The worst offender is Kobe. I grew up a Lakers fan. I stopped rooting for them once he started playing for them. Very selfish when he was young.
2. The Overhype Factor
Lebron, Lebron, Lebron, Melo, Melo, Melo, Dwight Howard, Dwight Howard, Dwight Howard. Need I say more?
3. The Scheduling
It caters to TV, but the playoff series drag on for SO LONG!!!
In another post, I will discuss what contributed to the destruction of the NBA.
As for now, I will be rooting for the OKC Thunder and the San Antonio Spurs in the west, and the Boston Celtics in the east.

No comments:

Post a Comment