Tuesday, April 30, 2013

6 Hours 32 Minutes, 19 Innings and 597 Pitches Later

I got off work at 11:45pm. I got in my car and was gonna listen to sports talk radio. I was surprised to hear the A's were still playing. It takes about 20 minutes for me to get home. The Angels had the game won 8-7 in the bottom of the 15th. Two outs. It takes no more than a minute to get to my car to the house. I turn the TV on expecting to see the post game show. Instead the game is still on, and the A's tied it.
I was able to watch four innings of baseball. The A's defeated the Angels with a walk off homerun from Brandon Moss in the bottom of the 18th inning.
The one thing about the game that amazes me is that Angels catcher Chris Iannetta caught all 19 innings and 297 pitches. And before the walk off, they showed him smiling in the dugout. What a gamer!! I'm sure he earned a day off for his efforts!
During the game ESPN's Buster Olney tweeted that the Angels needed to win this game badly, because of what they are going through. I tweeted him and asked if Angels manager Mike Scoiscia will survive the week. He didn't tweet back, but the Angels are due home Thursday. They play a brief home stand and then go on the road again Sunday night. Baseball decorum goes that if a managing change is needed, it's done at home before a road trip. It's not working in Anaheim. It's been alluded that the Angels players have tuned Scioscia out. So this will be can interesting week for the Angels. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment