Sunday, March 3, 2013

My East Coast Bias

Everyone knows ESPN has an east coast bias. Look at their programming. Their baseball schedule is mainly Redsox/Yankees or Phillies/Braves. Sometimes the Mets.
The Miami Heat are ALWAYS on the NBA on Wednesday nights.
My east coast bias is different. Growing up on the west coast, I had the San Francisco Giants/49ers crammed down my throat.
I grew up a LA Dodgers, Rams, Lakers and Kings fan. Before the internet and 24/7 sports coverage, I couldn't get enough of the LA teams. Now I'm sick of them. The mystery is gone.
Over the last few years, I have developed a love for the east coast. I love to read about the history of east coast teams, golf courses, and players. So much history to read about!
I love to read about the New York teams. The Yankees fascinate me.
I search the internet for unique blogs about passionate fans view of their favorite teams.
Of course I love to go back east and visit the places I read about.
So consider me an east coaster at heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment