Thursday, March 7, 2013

Camelback Ranch In One Word.....Wow!

My first two days of my Arizona vacation I visited the Grandaddy of Them All in Arizona, Phoenix Muni. Great place with lots of history. The City of Phoenix just put in a lot of money on the Old Rock Pile on Van Bueren. Later in the day after my visit, the Oakland A's announced they are moving to Mesa and taking over HoHoKam Park in 2015. Arizona State is moving into Phoenix Muni.
I wrote about my visit to Scottsdale Stadium. It was a sardine can. Nice place though.
Then yesterday I went to a Spring Training site fit for the 21st Century.....Camelback Ranch in Glendale. All I could think was its the best ballpark I have ever been in. Very roomy and comfortable. There wasn't a bad seat in the house.
It also carries the heat well. I had to upgrade to a seat in the upper deck behind home plate to get some shade! It must have been in the mid 80's in the Valley.
The best part of CBR is they sell Dodger Dogs! I had two. My first Dodger Dogs in seven years!
Team Mexico played the Dodgers in a final tune up for the World Baseball Classic. The atmosphere was full of Mexican pride and lots of beautiful brown people walking around.
I hate to say it, but I think Team Mexico is going to get knocked out early in the WBC. No hitting and no pitching. They gave it their best.
It's been a long travel day. I'm having a beer and I ready to sleep. Very soon, I will post my final thoughts of my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment