Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Red Sox Wave The White Flag

I never thought I would say this, but the Boston Red Sox gave up yesterday. But I think its for the better. The Red Sox traded Adrian Gonzalez, Nick Punto, Carl Crawford and Josh Beckett to the LA Dodgers for James Loney and minor leaguers who were deemed untouchable. One of them was Jerry Sands. I hate to see him go, but there was no place for him in LA.
The Red Sox are going to save $250million and build for the future.
Josh Beckett thrives in new enviroments, so hopefully the change of scenery will do him some good. As for Carl Crawford, he won't be available until late 2013, as he has just had Tommy John surgery. I think there was too much pressure on him in Boston. He has time to get himself together physically and mentally.
The next move for Boston? Fire Bobby Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment