Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Best Part Of The NFL Season Is Upon Us

I have always enjoyed the simple things in life. Life is getting too complex. Everything is massed produced and over hyped now a days.
The NFL is one such thing that has gotten so big and out of control.
I didn't even watch this years Super Bowl. It's almost a national holiday now. Pre-game coverage starts as soon as the sun comes up.
The season is too long I think.
But now its training camp season. Ever since I read Paper Lion for the first time many years ago, I love training camp. The players live in dorms, eat meals in a cafeteria, study the playbooks in a classroom setting, and practice in t- shirt and shorts. Football in a very simple setting.
The rest of the season I can do without. I'd rather watch practice than the actual games.

No comments:

Post a Comment